Make Camping Even More Fun
Camping can be lots of fun. Sleeping outdoors and getting away from the hassle of the daily grind can be refreshing, and there is plenty of time for leisure and games. It can be a great time to try new activities or get back into hobbies you used to love.
You'll never have a dull camping trip again!
Water Activities - There are tons of exciting things you can do in the water if your campsite is near a lake, river, pool, or another body of water. Some of these activities are exhilarating, while others are for lazy, relaxing days. Slip on your bathing suit and have some fun in the water.
- Play water volleyball
- Go Zorbing
- You can do water balloon fight
- Attack each other with squirt gun
Sports and Physical Activities - Get up and get moving. There are tons of sports and physical activities that can be done while camping. There are easy sports that don't require a lot of physical movement and other sports that are very active.
- Lawn bowling
- Tree climbing
- Play Frisbee
- Hide & seek
Play indoor games - While camping one can spend his or her time by playing games which can be played by sitting in a group.
- Card games are perfect for camping. With normal deck of cards you have limitless games apart from it you have UNO, Phase 10
- Bring paper and pencil to play hangman, bingo, housie, etc
Exploring Nature - Part of the joy of camping is being close to nature. Explore the great outdoors with these activities. Be sure to respect the area where you are: Don't disturb or damage the wildlife!
- Bird watching
- Animal watching
- Bug collecting
- Leaf collecting
- Collect firewood
- Go on photo safari
- Play Botanist- Familiarized yourself with both the edible and poisonous plants in the area
Relaxation - Most people go camping to get away from the stress and busyness of everyday life, so take it easy. Relax and let the rest of the world fade away with these ideas for chilling out.
- Swing in a hammock
- Float on the water
- Star gaze
- Listen to nature
Night time Activities - There's plenty to do in the night time while camping as well. The darkness can be more thrilling out in the woods without all the lights of the city.
- Make shadow puppets
- Play flashlight tag
- Play hide & seek in the dark
- Study the stars
- Shoot off fireworks or release sky lanterns (depending on fire danger)
- Play glow-in-the-dark bowling: Put glow sticks in 2-liter bottles filled with water and use a ball to knock them down
Around the Campfire - Hanging out around the campfire is one of the most memorable camping experiences. These are some activities to do by the firelight:
- Tell ghost stories
- Play Truth or Dare
- Sing campfire songs
- Play a guitar, harmonica, or another instrument
- Dance around the fire
- Try out new varieties of marshmallows
- Re-enact your favourite story, scene-by-scene