Going camping is simple, almost unbelievably cheap and a lot of fun so don’t be intimidated by it. Here's a basic Hacks for Campers with everything you need to know.
- Spice it up with straw- Instead of stuffing spice bottles in your bag. And make it heavy. Use a lighter to singe the end of drinking straw closed and turn into super hand vial. Fill in the spices and singe the other end too. Later you just have to cut and pour it. They are light and easy to pack.
- During camping keeping matchsticks dry is a must. Use a small plastic container to put matchsticks and stick sandpaper on the lid. This makes it super handy.
- Deodorant is great medicine for bug bites and other itches.
- During camping weather is quite unpredictable. But if want to predict it. You can just look at your coffee and tell. Higher air pressure is an indicator of a sunny day, it will push the bubbles to the edge of the cup. Rain is likely if the bubbles go towards the center.
- Face the entrance of your tent into the wind. It not only gives you a breeze, but mosquitoes are trapped at the BACK of your tent and do NOT come in when you open up to leave.
- If snuggling up to a bottle of hot water goes against your better judgment, try some dry clothes instead. They will soak up any moisture in the bottom of your sleeping bag and keep your favourite feet warm.
- There’s no use crying over wet shoes. Remove your insoles and stuff a dry shirt or some newspaper in your boots overnight to dry them out.
- A thin strip of tin foil can save your ass. Stuff a ball of tin foil into the space where the battery’s negative terminal connects, according to Life Hacker. If you have enough foil to fill in the gap, your device should turn on. Try this if your flashlight dies (and you don’t have the proper batteries).
- Dew is a water source that doesn’t need purification, Soak up dew on grass early in the morning using a t-shirt or bandanna and wring it directly into your mouth or a container. I’ve gathered as much as 2 gallons in 1 hour.
- Turn your watch into compass. If you’re lost, hold a watch with 12 o’clock at the left and the hour hand pointing at the sun, according to WIRED. The spot that’s halfway between the hour hand and the 12 is south. Keep in mind that if you practice daylight saving time, you should subtract one hour from the hour hand.